Since launching Vuze 4.0 on Wednesday, we’ve been glued to your comments and feedback, and wanted to give you a read-out on our short-term plans. There have been thousands of feedback comments left over the last few days, so it’s unlikely we’ll be able to respond to each and every one of you. However, there have been a few consistent requests we want to address.
Your Top 5 Wishlist:
1) Advanced View: Many of you upgrading from older versions of Vuze have asked where you can find the familiar Advanced view of your downloading items.
The simple answer: select My Library and click the View toggle in the top right corner of your Vuze app.
2) Search Button: Some of you have asked how you can execute a search on Vuze 4.0, given that the magnifying glass icon next to the search box isn’t clickable.
In designing the search box, we decided to adopt a client-based search box model (similar to the search box in browsers such as Firefox or Internet Explorer). Simply type your query in the search box and press “Enter” on your keyboard. We’ll work to clarify this interaction over the next few days.
3) Deleting from My Library: There’s been some concern that deleting items in My Library also deletes the file from your computers.
When managing inherently large video files, we believe the default behavior for deleting items from Vuze should be to delete the file from your computer too (in order to avoid clutter and storage issues on your computer). That said, you can keep the file on your computer while deleting the torrent by right-clicking on any item in My Library, and selecting “Remove and delete torrent file.” We’ll improve the messaging soon to clear up this confusion.
4) Sidebar: Some of you have requested the ability to minimize the footprint of your Sidebar on the left side of the Vuze app.
We agree this would be a great feature. We’ll add it in the very near future.
5) The Frog: Some of you miss the dear old spotted blue azureus frog.
While we all have fond memories of the old frog, she’s gotten a full make-over and *loves* her new look. She has no plans to revert to her old style.
Finally, it has been extremely gratifying to see the enthusiasm with which many of you have received the release. Keep the feedback coming!
Latest posts by Guest Contributor (see all)
- 3 Super Web Proxies You Need Now - July 2, 2015
- List App, Creative Commons Launches Stockphoto Alternative - June 30, 2015
- Legal Torrent Files – What Is Vuze Doing & How Can You Help - June 12, 2014