As mentioned last week, we’ve been amazed by both the quantity and quality of your feedback on Vuze 4.0. Today we’re releasing some quick updates that address your top requests, including:
1) Advanced View: Some of you have had trouble finding your familiar, beloved advanced view of your torrents. The advanced view will always be a part of Vuze, and we’ve worked to increase its visibility and discoverability in this release.
2) Search: The magnifying glass on the search box is now clickable, giving you another way to initiate a search.
3) Deleting items from My Library: When you delete an item from your library, the default option is now simply to remove that item from your library (and leave it on your hard drive). In addition, you still have the option to delete the item from your computer, but deleting from your computer will no longer be the default.
4) Sidebar: Many of you have asked for more horizontal screen real estate to view your downloading torrents. You can now minimize the Sidebar from the View menu (or simply by pressing the F7 button on your keyboard).
And finally, the frog has continued to enjoy her make-over, despite impassioned pleas on behalf of her former spotted self. Our favorite plea came in last night:
Acting on behalf of your previous amphibious employee I suggest you purge this pale impostor from all future releases. My client’s dismissal purely on racial grounds has been brought to the attention of the NAAAA (National Association for the Advancement of Azure Amphibians) and failure to reinstate my client, without prejudice, will result in an immediate suit being filed against you and all your offspring. Ribbit!!
To say the least, she’s quite flattered that so many people care, but ultimately has vowed to continue to push the envelope in the tradition of all the avant-garde amphibians that preceded her. ☺
If you’ve already downloaded Vuze 4.0, you’ll receive the update automatically over the next few days. If you haven’t downloaded it, get it here.
- 5001 B12 June 13, 2013The ‘new’ (or ‘unopened’) indicator should now get cleared when you launch downloads - previously this was only working for the ‘play’ action - a bug introduced in 188.8.131.52 Reduced console spew some users getting on OSX during media server playback Added a per-file availability column to the Files view as requested by this idea on vote.vuze.com : Added the ab […]
- 5001 B11 June 12, 2013Fixed issue with the Dasu plugin causing config-backup to fail by locking a plugin file Reworked Tools->Options->Interface->Display to group options; added a Side Bar config group to allow show/hide option setting and also the inter-header top-level spacing to allow compaction. In the future further controls could be added here to control visibility […]
- 5001 B10 June 8, 2013Fix for icon transparency issues on Windows 8 Move search results to top of Content Discovery area […]