Have you ever been out, and realized that you forgot to queue a Vuze download to watch when you get home? With the new Vuze Remote, you can now securely control your Vuze client from any computer or smartphone with a web browser. Pretty cool, eh? Not to mention, very useful for those meetings or classes where your mind has already fast forwarded to Friday night entertainment…
Once you have the latest Vuze release, simply go to remote.vuze.com from any browser, or download the Vuze Remote toolbar here. After a one-time pairing of the Vuze client and your browser, you’ll be ready to find and control all your Vuze downloads remotely over the web.
Your remote instructions pass directly and securely between your Vuze client and a web page in your remote browser. Props to the Transmission team, as we leveraged their original web UI in developing Vuze Remote (open source ftw!).
We’ll continue to expand the functionality of Vuze Remote going forward. Stay tuned…
This release also includes a number of significant performance improvements resulting from our ongoing Olympic training to make Vuze downloads even faster.
You should notice significantly faster torrent start-up times and subsequent download speeds, as a result of :
- Faster initiation of new torrents through “Allowed Fast” support (enabling new peers to quickly start downloading despite their lack of pieces to trade)
- Connecting to more seeds and peers on launch of a new torrent (for Vista SP2+ and Windows 7), and through optimized support of LibTorrent peer exchange
- Quickly switching to better performing peers through faster connection timeouts
- Faster ramp-up of better performing peers.
Bottomline – you should experience significantly faster torrent start-up and download speeds.
Reigning in Mr. Slidey
Finally, remember Microsoft’s infamously reviled Clippy – the animated paperclip in Office 2000 and XP? For a long period of time, Vuze has had a similarly reviled Slidey that popped up with error messages in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. With this release, we’ve finally fought Mr. Slidey into a corner, and locked him in the closet. You can find all your favorite error messages by clicking on the exclamation point in the bottom-right corner of the Vuze client. Don’t care to be bothered? Please feel free to ignore. Sometimes, it’s the small steps forward that count.
Download Vuze 18.104.22.168 and give it a try. Tell us what you think!
Gilles and the Vuze Team
- 5001 B06 May 21, 2013Added upload-priority option for Tags Added auto-xcode for Tags Added auto-tagging for subscriptions […]
- 5001 B05 May 17, 2013Increased maximum BT message size to handle torrents with huge numbers of pieces Added start/stop/pause/resume controls to tags Switched to check-boxes in Tags Overview […]
- 5001 B04 May 17, 2013Added some columns to Tags Overview and double-click action to go to Tag details Fixed hang on startup Remember previous tabs in classic view so closing reverts to previous Option to toggle ‘new’ status of multiple selections in ‘new’ view Added simple HTML view to tag rss feed […]