This year Vuze is spreading some holiday joy with updates to its SOCKS proxy support along with some other network connection updates with the release of 220.127.116.11.
Let’s start with SOCKS. We vastly improved support to detect proxy server errors and switch to alternatives. We also have added status bar notification and the ability to take a deeper dive into transfer statistics when a SOCKS connection is active. Vuze didn’t only give some love to SOCKS connections but VPN as well. Vuze now includes logic to detect when you are running over a VPN and prompts you explicitly to bind to its interface to increase privacy. Vote for Vuze! also continues to be a fantastic resource for new ideas submitted by our users. These are some of the ideas that made the cut this time around:
- Automatically quit or shut down after transcoding finishes (from idea Automatically Quit or Shutdown After Transcoding)
- Option to disable tracker DNS record processing – (from idea Disable DNS-Changing Protocol)
- Pause downloads for a user defined period of time (from idea Pause for Time Limit) – for those in the know there has also been a plugin around for a while to do this and more, if you’re interested check it out
- Quick access to view the download link for a torrent (from idea See Download Link for Torrent)
Lastly, happy holidays and please let us know if you run into any issues!
Latest posts by Dan (see all)
- A History of File Sharing & the Tech That Paved the Way - May 23, 2013
- More Control of Your Bandwidth - February 16, 2013
- Who Wants SOCKS?! - December 14, 2012