The Vuze development team is proud to announce the immediate release of Vuze 5.1. Updates to the torrent client software include new functionality, and many small changes and bug fixes.
What Are The New Features In Vuze 5.1?
Vuze 5.1 includes a number of updates to the client, providing an improved user interface (UI) with enhanced usability and efficiency, improved performance and some critical bug fixes (for example elimination of some deadlock conditions). Some of the features and benefits found in Vuze 5.1 are highlighted below:
New Open Torrent dialog design
Open Torrent Dialog split into a torrent selector window and a torrent open options window. The options window has been simplified to initially show you less settings, letting you focus on the most important task — viewing the list of files in the torrent.
There is now an additional view to manage and view your tags and there are a number of new per-tag features to bring capabilities closer to that of categories, along with additional ones such as ‘move on complete’ and ‘minimum share ratio’:
Torrent file availability
Users can view an optional column in the torrent file details tab that shows the availability of the torrent file as a measure of the minimum availability of each of its pieces. Useful for torrents that are comprised of many files, which peers selectively download and that may no longer be available.
Mark multiple torrents as Watched
When selecting multiple torrents in conjunction with the ‘watched’ button users no longer have to individually unselect them. Fewer clicks speed up the torrent file management process.
Per-Torrent Share Ratio Seeding Rules
Beyond global rule set-up within the client, you can now set the share ratio for individual torrents rules for better control of a torrent file among peers and overall seeding efficiency.
Extensible column options
The torrent client software now allows users to edit column headings and tailor to meet their needs. In addition, torrent file download/upload peak and average speed stats have been implemented.
Amend transfer stats
Stats can be reset for users with transfer caps on data usage. Collected statistics can revert to either a specific point in time or since time of install.
Additional features included in this release
- Option to show/hide rank column icon
- Add tags column to library view
- Per-file availability to column
- Option to toggle the ‘new’ download state for multiple selections
What Fixes Are In Vuze 5.1?
The Vuze 5.1 release also fixes several bugs that have been reported in the previous version of the torrent client software. A summary of fixes are shared below:
- Min/max button displayed in tab view
- Toolbar selection issues have been repaired
- Sidebar pop-up menu reinstated
- Better sidebar auto-opening handling over restarts
- Better icon transparency on Windows 8
- DNS config section wiki link fixed
- ‘New’ indicator now cleared for ‘launch’ actions
- Hidden column sort function fixed
- Authentication dialog with deadlock corrected
- Newly added subscriptions show correctly
- Fixed sort order in file on index column
- Console view to library tabs enabled via logging
- Fix for firewalls closing UDP listen ports and preventing rebinding
- Corrected triggering of swarm discoveries
What Is The Cost of Vuze 5.1?
As always, all releases are free of charge for users of both Vuze and Vuze Plus torrent client software.
We hope you enjoy the updates we’ve rolled out in Vuze 5.1. Please let us know what you think and don’t forget to share ideas on features that you’d like to see in the future by visiting vote.vuze.com.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- 6 Vintage Original Selfies For A Serious Throwback Thursday - March 6, 2014
- Irish Drinking Songs To Learn & Sing For Saint Patrick’s Day - March 5, 2014
- 7 Simple Ways To Protect Your Online Privacy - March 4, 2014