Celebrate the new year with a new Vuze client update! Today, we’re releasing Vuze 5.3 and it’s packed with new features and improvement to give you an outstanding bittorrent client experience.
What updates are included in Vuze 5.3?
With plenty of enhanced features Vuze 5.3 will enrich your torrent endeavors and elevate the efficiency of the protocol while optimizing usage and operation. Let’s break down what we’re rolling out:
- Content selection dialog when more than one file can be played or viewed
- Added a configurable ‘share ratio progress’ column to display times at which certain ratios were met
- Added alert count to system tray tooltip and next download eta
- Added column to sources view to show completed downloads reported by tracker, where available
- Where permitted you can now edit subscription URLS via right-click in sidebar and subscriptions can now be renamed in the sidebar
- Expansion state of torrents in Library views now remembered
- Added per-file read/write rates to files view and per-file ETA based on file write rate
- Support explicit external browsers (or plugin provided) for opening external links
- Permit search results and subscription views to be opened in an external browser
- Added explicit proxy support for internal browser views
- Menu option to delete tracker sources directly from the view
- Multi-select support in sources view
- Manual tags can now be closed + opened in the sidebar
- Transparency can now be applied to the transfer/mini bars
- Added a downloading queue rules section to control ‘rank downloads by speed’ option
- Added manual piece forcing and re-requesting
- New option to remove ‘skipped’ partial files when removing download from library
- If needed, DHT can now bootstrap via version server
- Don’t permit torrent transfer if DHT peer source disabled
- Always merge trackers explicitly listed in a magnet URI into the resulting torrent
- IPv6 is no longer automatically enabled for Beta/CVS users
- Revert ‘best guess’ download save location logic to default to off when explicit save dir set
- Tag initial-save-location now applied when starting a torrent added in stopped state
- Tolerate failures to decode search results
- An aggregated scrape value is now used to drive seeding rules
Click here for a complete list of new features and changes in Vuze 5.3.
What fixes are in Vuze 5.3?
The Vuze 5.3 release also fixes several bugs that have been reported in the previous version of the torrent client software. A summary of fixes are shared below:
- Prevent potential GUI hang when constructing swarm
- Fix layout issue for total stats
- Reduce selected content thrashing when multiple selection operated on
- Fix double listener addition in piece info view
- I2P plugin updated to work with latest I2P releases
- Fix XML-over-HTTP plugin when using Java 7
- MLab plugin now uses JSON based server selection
- Fixed azcron to accept up/download speed limits > 100K/sec
- Fixed up test for writability to folders on Windows when ascertaining validity of default save locations
- Prevent subscription lookups from blocking DHT threads
- Fixed parsing of RSS feeds containing bad DTD refs
- Fixed synchronization in pairing state update
- Prevented top-level directories from prematurely being created for add-stopped torrents
- Thread safety improvements for config access
- Prevent open-torrent-options dialog from using low-noise downloads as guessing guidance
- Ensure that bind-fails are treated as permanent errors if force-set (fixes unwanted non-VPN connections during VPN connection failure)
- Fixed 100% cpu caused by corrupted hashset
- Added asyncronization to selector creation to work around some AV products blocking Vuze during startup
How do I download Vuze 5.3 or update my existing version?
Existing Vuze users will be prompted by the torrent client software to install the update when they launch the client. Remember, Vuze Plus provides additional client features such as, DVD burning, anti-virus protection and play of in progress downloads, as well as an ad-free experience.
Please let us know what you think about Vuze 5.3 and don’t forget to share ideas on features that you’d like to see in the future by visiting vote.vuze.com.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- ShadowCrypt Encrypts Social Posts & Emails - November 26, 2014
- 3 Alternative Email & Cloud Storage Solutions - November 25, 2014
- Enable Two Factor Authentication Anywhere With Authy - November 24, 2014