Whether you’re a long time Vuze Bittorrent Client user or a first time installer you’ll be pleased as punch with our line-up of new features and enhancements that we’re rolling out in Vuze 5.5. We’ve made it easier to connect with Vuze featured content, organize and categorize your torrents and much, much more. Read on for more details and highlights about some of what you’ll find in the new Vuze release.
What we’ve got in Vuze 5.5
Sometimes change is good, especially when it helps to amplify your torrent experience. Kicking things off in this new release of Vuze Bittorrent Client you’ll find:
- A new visual guide that walks you through the find and download features of Vuze to easily connect with free Vuze featured content bundles
- Additional tips and suggestions are provided for using Vuze to find/open torrents, optimize downloads and engage with other Vuze related products
- Option added that allows blocking of local DNS resolution attempts for trackers hosts when using a SOCKS proxy
- Shortcut implemented for download location using CTRL+<space> to save torrents
- Improvement made to ‘remove top level folder’ option when adding torrents, by right-click menu or by right-clicking on multi-selected torrents in the left panel of the multi-torrent options dialog
- Additions of various console-UI commands to improve usability:
- New ‘subscriptions’ command has been added to allow subscriptions to be added and removed and each subscription can have its results inspected and marked as read/unread and downloaded
- ‘Hack’ command has been extended to allow the setting/clearing of categories and the addition/removal of tags, as well as create tags and categories if needed
- Torrent info now includes category/tag info
- Option to show aggregated transfer rates of selected torrents
- Speed Limit Scheduler features added such as:
- Renamed ‘IP Sets’ to ‘Peer Sets’ as for a while they have denoted more than just peers selected by IP
- Added tag restriction support to Peer Sets (previously only categories were supported)
- Added Network selection to go along with IP ranges and country codes – use ‘Public’, ‘I2P’ or ‘Tor’ as required
- Updated rate limiting support for Peer Sets to included ‘Disabled’ for upload and download rates.
- Added the Peer Set description as a tooltip on the Peer Set name in the Tags Overview view
- Configuration pages now have shortcuts to access specific settings quickly: max simultaneous downloads, global max upload speed and global max download speed
- Get started with Vuze Bittorrent Client 5.5 and bring more power to your torrent experience!
Don’t forget that if you’re looking for a more robust bittorrent client you can upgrade to Vuze Plus. Vuze Plus provides additional client features such as, DVD burning, anti-virus protection and play of in progress downloads, as well as an ad-free experience.
Please let us know what you think about Vuze 5.5 and don’t forget to share ideas on features that you’d like to see in upcoming releases by visiting vote.vuze.com.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- ProxyGambit – A Privacy Device With Promise - August 6, 2015
- Mini-Heatwave Music Bundle From Bands Under The Radar Has Arrived - August 4, 2015
- Get Involved With Imaginary – Open Mathematics Project - August 3, 2015