This year Vuze is spreading some holiday joy with updates to its SOCKS proxy support along with some other network connection updates with the release of 184.108.40.206.
Let’s start with SOCKS. We vastly improved support to detect proxy server errors and switch to alternatives. We also have added status bar notification and the ability to take a deeper dive into transfer statistics when a SOCKS connection is active. Vuze didn’t only give some love to SOCKS connections but VPN as well. Vuze now includes logic to detect when you are running over a VPN and prompts you explicitly to bind to its interface to increase privacy. Vote for Vuze! also continues to be a fantastic resource for new ideas submitted by our users. These are some of the ideas that made the cut this time around:
- Automatically quit or shut down after transcoding finishes (from idea Automatically Quit or Shutdown After Transcoding)
- Option to disable tracker DNS record processing – (from idea Disable DNS-Changing Protocol)
- Pause downloads for a user defined period of time (from idea Pause for Time Limit) – for those in the know there has also been a plugin around for a while to do this and more, if you’re interested check it out
- Quick access to view the download link for a torrent (from idea See Download Link for Torrent)
Lastly, happy holidays and please let us know if you run into any issues!
Here at Vuze we love experiencing and discovering new and longtime independent artists of all types, without infringing upon their copyrights, and we hope you do too! Soon we will be exposing some fantastic independent artists to you. Please keep an eye out for upcoming promotions. We hope you will enjoy their work!
Also, we’re happy to help independent artists gain, retain, or rebuild traction and exposure, so if you’d like to explore our working together to have us help promote you and your work, please feel free to reach out to us here; and we will get back to you soon thereafter. Please do not include any samples of your work just yet, or any attachments. Just tell us about your work, and how we may best contact you. You can be a songwriter, a musician, a film-maker, a documentarian, a photographer or other visual artist, an extreme sports athlete, an author of any type, and more.
The Vuze Team
Countless torrent files spanning an ever-growing spectrum of content make it increasingly difficult for people using other bittorrent apps to cut through the noise find new content that they’ll enjoy and be informed by. Enter Vuze™ 4.8 and Swarm Discoveries, a first for any bittorrent client. Using an automated process to look at the relationships between torrents in your library and those of other users, Swarm Discoveries makes recommendations on other content that you might enjoy and be informed by. It works by looking at the relationship between torrents in the DHT and automatically applies statistical analysis to provide content recommendations. Subsequently, Vuze also now has Swarm Search™, which supplies results based on the various data sets created by Swarm Discoveries. A full explanation can be found on our wiki page, Swarm Discoveries.
- Automatic detection and full support for 64-bit operating systems (from idea Run in 64 Bit Mode)
- Prevent computer sleep has been extended to OSX and now encompasses both preventing sleep while streaming (from idea Disable Sleep Mode when Streaming Media to Devices) and video transcoding
- Prioritization and auto-open for descriptive files in torrents such as .nfo, .txt and .rar files (from idea Auto nfo Reader)
- Manipulation of tracker lists in a textual format instead of via the GUI widget (from this idea)
We hope you enjoy all the new features, and please let us know what you think or if you run into any issues: http://forum.vuze.com
Vuze stresses that it respects the rights of copyright holders, and hopes and expects that you do too. Any use of Vuze® or Vuze+™ that violates an intellectual property right or any right of a third party is not allowed. Please do not infringe upon copyright. Content available through Vuze® or Vuze+™ may or may not comply with laws, including copyright laws, in your territory or country, and Vuze is not responsible for content you may download or upload. Read more here.
* You agree that you have no ownership interest in any ideas (or inventions), Vuze can use them freely without otherwise compensating you or requiring other formal assignments or licenses from you, and that the ideas do not infringe upon or suggest the infringement upon the rights or interests of any other person or entity.
- 5001 B07 May 22, 2013Added ‘move to folder on complete’ option to manual tags: […]
- 5001 B06 May 21, 2013Added upload-priority option for Tags Added auto-xcode for Tags Added auto-tagging for subscriptions […]
- 5001 B05 May 17, 2013Increased maximum BT message size to handle torrents with huge numbers of pieces Added start/stop/pause/resume controls to tags Switched to check-boxes in Tags Overview […]